Nowadays, we are constantly bombarded with advertisements advising that we can build a website just by choosing the right platform and drag-and-drop technology. Big players in the website design market – like GoDaddy or Wix – spend huge sums of money to convince consumers that their products guarantee a beautiful and successful website. As a professional design and advertising agency, we have been building website design for over 16 years. We've discussed the pros and cons of website builders with more clients than we can count, and we thought it might be helpful to share some of our talking points. Of course, a web design agency will tell you that cheap web tools won't be enough. Try this once if necessary, but please know that we're really trying to balance the marketing efforts of these big companies and their scale:
• Squarespace spent $200 million on advertising last year.
• GoDaddy made a name for itself using, among other things, Super Bowl commercials.
• Wix increased ad spend by 1,425% (!!!) in 2019, which was again highlighted by a Super Bowl ad.
WEB Site is indispensable in this age and your website interacts with more people than any other person in your company. For many businesses, websites can be the first and only means of communication with a potential customer. Building trust, communicating your message, and crafting an effective user experience is crucial. If a user understands what you're offering, confirms you're a legitimate business, or is able to make a purchase, they're likely to continue using your site. In the modern world, your digital store is now your main store and your site is your 24/7/365 salesperson.
• 67% of customers say they would pay more for a great experience, and 72% share those experiences with others.
• If your website design is not user-friendly, a customer is 4 times more likely to purchase the product from your competitor.
• 88% of online consumers are less likely to return after a bad experience with your WEBSITE.
If creating a great website was easy, digital agencies wouldn't exist. Strategy, design, development and content management play an important role in creating a successful digital experience. You need to consider both desktop and mobile user experiences. Pages and content need to load on time. You may need to make sure that your site is SEO compatible in order to serve all customer density equally. After your site goes live; You should experience higher demand traffic through SEO, paid ads, or a combination of both. Moreover, these tactics to be applied in order to attract more customers will become more and more competitive every day.
A good custom web design is not cheap. With every major purchase you make, it's important to know exactly what you're paying for so you can be sure you're really getting your money's worth.