The annual report is prepared at the end of each business year in order to present the commercial, financial and economic status of the companies, the income-expenditure balances and the summary of the transactions, and to inform the current and potential business partners and stakeholders. Since this report includes at the same time, the efforts and contributions of the working personnel throughout the year, regarding the successful result achieved, it allows a positive motivation to be formed on the employees and an increase in their corporate loyalty. Since an annual report is prepared by taking into account the general economic conditions, budget opportunities and expectations of that company/institution; It also guides the company/institution in terms of the changes it plans to make in its activities in the coming years, the changes that will occur in its targets, the risks it may encounter, and the measures to be taken for them. In other words, they are the reports prepared in the light of the statistical data of the future growth strategy and presented to the board of directors, taking into account the profit/loss, growth/shrinkage rates, budget and external economic criteria on a yearly.
The report, which is prepared under the responsibility of the institution manager, has details in which the activities of each different unit are evaluated and the efficiency of those units is also discussed. However, it cannot be denied that the board of directors is responsible for this annual report, even though it is prepared by the managers of the institution. This annual report includes information about the accounting period it covers, the company's targets for the upcoming period and how it will fulfill these targets; It should be prepared in a way that reflects the corporate identity and corporate culture in all aspects, taking into account the legislation of the company or institution.
In order for the boards of directors to evaluate and take decisions correctly; It is useful to take a look at the prominent features of the annual report.
• Considering the purpose of preparation of annual reports, they are a document of strategic nature.
• It is an indicator of accountability and transparency in management.
• It is also an indicator of whether or to what extent the responsibilities of the unit managers and employees, together with the institution manager, are fulfilled.
• It is a document that must be prepared with accuracy and impartiality. When it is not prepared on the basis of accuracy and impartiality, it causes strategic decisions to be made incorrectly and puts the future of the organization and employees in difficulty.
• The activities should be explained in full clarity and in detail that will reveal the activity in its entirety, without being covered up. When prepared in this way, the Annual Report allows the expected benefit to be obtained.
• Reported activities should be consistent with statistical data results in all aspects. Otherwise, it creates doubts about the fact that the Annual Report reflects the truth.
• It should cover the determined year and be prepared on an annual basis.
Although the annual report is prepared within the scope of the legislation, it differs for each institution and organization depending on the corporate culture and identity.
- It enables the development of relations between the company's right holders (investors, suppliers, employees, etc.) and the company.
Contact us for your need to have an Annual Activity Report prepared. Click on the link below to see the examples of the Annual Activity Reports we have chosen for you.