It is understood from the statement of the company's chief marketing manager, Fernando Machado, that Burger King, which is one of the world's largest fast food companies and has nearly 20,000 restaurants, has decided to change the logo it is using. He explained that the Burger King logo, which has been used for more than 20 years, has been replaced with more energetic colors and that they have the opportunity to define their production in the FastFood sector more realistically. Of course, he also stated that depending on the logo change, the counters, cabinets and restaurant interior designs in all existing restaurants will be changed in accordance with this new identity. It is also stated in the explanations that the change will not end there, that new logos will be reflected on the employee uniforms, that these changes will be made in the advertisement posters, and that the company's own personnel will appear in the advertisements of company. According to the professionals of the design and advertising world, the change of a company's logo design should be based on some basic criteria. Let's try to evaluate the Burger King logo design change on some of these principles, review the benefits and drawbacks in general and try to reach a general conclusion. The logo should be eye-catching. For those who are interested in the sector, it should be easily described when making the definition. If it is used in virtual environments, in poster and poster works or in a wide area such as carrier vehicles; It can be very useful to use a slogan sentence that will remind you of the logo.
If we need to describe the logo: It can be expressed as a symbol supported by words and words and a graphical structure that enables the promotion of individuals or institutions and allows the corporate identities to be expressed in the simplest way. If we take a look at the features that will explain this definition,
• It is important to create a symbol that is identified with the institution and that will allow the institution or product to be understood. That is, when you look at the logo, the brand or product of the company or the information in which production / marketing sector it is in should be removable from this symbol.
• It should be in a simplicity that is free from details and easy to perceive.
• It should be considered as an original design. It should not evoke the logo of well-known companies and should be a different symbol from their logo line and visuality. It should have an originality that will bring the company up and forward in the sector.
• Practices have shown that the dimensions of the logo and the color selection and amount of colors that will form the logo are very important. The dimensions of the logo on the virtual environment or on paper, posters, clothing or carrier vehicles vary depending on these usage environments. It's all about the education, knowledge, skill and taste of the logo designer. Using more than one color from the logo disperses the perception, so it should usually be composed of one color or at most two colors.
• The logo should have the feature of being remarkable. For those who are interested in the sector, it should be easily described when making the definition. If it is used in virtual environments, in poster and poster works or in a wide area such as carrier vehicles; It can be very useful to use a slogan sentence that will remind you of the logo.
• If the logo is far from a modern look,
• If it has complexity that makes it difficult to detect and describe
• Due to the change of hands of the firm or institution and the difficulties encountered
• If a production change has been made in the sector as a whole,
• If a new look or slogan change is needed
• If the logos are far behind in terms of character, image, color and printing changes at the technological level of the age and do not reflect the colors and excitements of the new age,
• If there is a partnership with a different company or if there is a need for promotion abroad,
• If the use of the existing logo creates technical problems,
• Burger King's field of activity in the fastfood sector and the fastfood marketing product and method in the market has taken on an appearance to better define.
• The colors used in the product have become defined by the color of the product, and an appearance that clearly reflects that the product is served hot is created with the use of red color.
• The new logo is simpler than the old logo. The use of more than 2 colors in the logo design is generally avoided. The third color is only visible in the first logo as a visual detail and is not a detail that identifies with the product or fastfood definition. For this reason, the new logo, which has achieved simplicity with the choice of two colors, has been more appropriate.
The use of the old logo, which lasted for about 20 years, is that it will take time for fast food market customers to accept this change at Burger King. Because, imagine that Burger King stores are located in the busiest cities of the countries where they are located and in the most popular districts and bazaars. In these districts and bazaars, eyes will always look for the 3-colored icon in its old round frame. Because the human brain will search for the round 3-colored frame before the text in the content.
On the other hand, the graphic representation of the burger in the logo is also included in the logos of famous or non-famous companies that produce many similar products. Here, the graphical creation of the logo did not differ from the graphical representation of the food producers operating in this sector, the basis of which is to feed people.
The changes to be made on all the restaurants and employees of Burger King, which has approximately 20,000 restaurants, and on the billboards, posters and printed papers, and re-advertising with the new logo will require millions of lira worth of expenses.
As a result,
Although spending millions of liras is a burden for the company at first glance, it is a value that can be met with a small cost increase that will be added to the product costs so that it does not change customer satisfaction. The simplicity of the new logo and its compatibility with the corporate identity have been more accurate for the future of Burger King. The fact that Burger King is well known and preferred in the sector; It can be regarded as certain that the logo design change will eliminate any negative effect or damage that is thought to cause to the institution.
You can contact us from the link below to have a Logo Design or to continue your business with a new logo.